Whether you’re beginning a new construction project, working through renovations, or simply coordinating a lighting retrofit, recessed down lighting can be an important element in both the function and style of the space, if used properly.
What is recessed lighting?
Recessed lighting refers to a light fixture set into the ceiling or wall. Many of its lighting components are housed within the structure and its trim is the only visible part of the fixture. This form of lighting can help the design of a commercial space with a simple and clean perspective, reducing “lighting clutter” and providing easy illumination – especially in smaller areas.
Recessed LED lighting fixtures are a great choice for locations with low ceilings, as they do not protrude outward at all, helping to maximize space and function. They can increase the amount of light in a room, draw focus to special features such as artwork or architecture, and open up spaces, making them feel bigger than they really are.
LED Recessed Lighting Tips
– Match the size of your lighting fixtures to how proximal they should be installed. The common rule is 4-inch fixtures should be installed at least 4 feet apart and 6-inch fixtures should be placed 6 feet apart
– Place fixtures within the room in a manner that will provide even illumination.
– Keep in mind to position LED recessed lighting fixtures about 12 to 18 inches in front of any specific objects you wish to light.
EarthTronics carries a state-of-the-art series of IC-Rated LED Recessed Fixtures for Interior Applications
LED bulbs are the most efficient, energy-saving lighting available today, and our LED recessed lighting fixtures offer a cost-effective solution for a myriad of applications including IC-rated and wet-location UL listings.
- IC-rating means that these recessed fixtures can be installed in a ceiling space surrounded by insulation (not all recessed lighting products can do that).
- The UL Wet Location fixture listing mean that our fixtures may be installed in exterior or interior applications where water may drip or splash on or against the fixture housing. That makes this product a perfect solution for long-term care facilities, as well as hotel guest room showers.
The EarthTronics IC-Rated LED Recessed Fixture Series has a rated-life of 36,000 hours with a five-year limited warranty and we offer 4 or 6-inch fixtures. The 6-inch fixtures can be used in tall entryways or two-story hallways, while the smaller 4-inch fixtures work well in smaller spaces, condensed spaces. These fixtures are designed for easy installation in finished drywall or architectural tile ceilings in facilities such as schools, hospitals, office buildings and other commercial and residential applications.
LED recessed lighting is a simple, yet attractive way to enlarge a small space or draw attention to a specific focal point, while reaping all the energy-saving LED benefits! To learn more about EarthTronics LED recessed lighting fixtures, contact us today.